Don't Miss Out! Renew Your Membership ASAP! Exciting Opportunities Await You this Fall 2018!
Only active members are eligible for participation in all the exiciting upcoming events the Board is preparing for the rest of 2018. Remember in August we encourage members to attend the FNPN Statewide Conference in Orlando and recognizing time and costs to be away from your practice, we customarily do not hold any local TBAPNC meetings in August.
However, there is A LOT happening starting in September, so please renew ASAP if your membership is expired or expiring soon. Remember, our Membership Director Terri Armstrong recognizes each member who brings a new member to a meeting with a choice of local gift card when you both attend.
1) Scholarship Opportunities for MSN, DNP and PhD in Nursing student members! - the application period will open very soon so please check out the "Scholarships" tab to the left in the aqua topic bar and get your application started. This year we are awarding THREE scholarships at the November 2018 meeting during National Nurse Practitioner Week.
2) LOTS of great presentations and meeting opportunities in both South and North Tampa-thanks to the hard work of our VPs in charge of meetings/presentations (Charrita Ernewein and Sheila Aquino and their committee members Christine Bouchard and Kim McCabe) there are at least two weeeknight evening dinner presentations each month this Fall 2018 AND we will post additional presentation and speaking opportunities as they are provided to us!
3) AWARDS! Each year during National Nurse Practitioner Week the Professional Relations Committee -- Chair Bonnie Bailey, Eileen Alexander, Ellie Hofer and Morgan Naylor recognizes local members for a variety of areas of excellence in practice, precepting, etc.
4) SPEAKERS' BUREAU! If you haven't already submitted your name, contact tel, email and area of expertise to our Social Media Director Erika Hall, please do so now via the "contact us" tab to the left in the aqua topics bar. Remember the new TBAPNC Speakers Bureau will provide the local media with local advanced practice nurse contacts for comment on items in the news to serve the public and raise awareness of the role of the APRN as trusted and expert clinicians in a variety of healthcare areas.
3) NETWORKING and fun at the 3rd Annual TBAPNC Holiday Soiree, tentative date is Monday December 3, always free to members and our local 3 free clinics are honored with donations from our professional association.